1. The subsequent generations of this family grew impoverished by a combination of drought, extortion, and too many gifts to opera girls, all of which led to their losing face and their
2. The men squatted in their dark-colored logyis, the ever-present cheroots clenched between their teeth.
3. His consideration of the Bible with the language of ordinary people and his consideration of translation in terms of focusing on the TL and the TT reader were crucial in his translation.
4. This plan with all its disadvantages is considered to be one of the best.
5. Flowers bloom all over the yard.
6. Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; writing an exact man.
7. 不要重複葉公好龍那個故事，講了多少年的社會主義，臨到 社會主義跑來找他，她又害怕起來了。（《毛澤東選集》，第五卷）
The story of Lord Ye who professed to love dragons should not be repeated. One must not just talk about socialism for years and then suddenly turn pale when socialism comes knocking at the
8, Day after day he came to his work——sweeping, scrubbing, cleaning.
A bamboo fence needs the support of three stakes, and an able man needs the help of three other persons.
Stakes make a bamboo fence stand, and supporters help an able man succeed.
Three cobblers with their wits combined equal Zhuge liang the master mind.